CJ's Journey - Update

Where do I begin except to say "Bless that baby's heart!"  We found out yesterday that CJ suffers from several visual issues, not just one.  He suffers from eye teaming problems,  accommodation problems, tracking and visual perception deficiencies.  To quote the doctor, "That little boy has a lot going on!"  That is not the first time we have heard those exact words from a doctor.  I heard the same sentence when I met with the psychologist who diagnosed the dyslexia.  I was elated and extremely heart broken at the same time.  "My little man", as I call him, has nothing but an uphill battle ahead of him every time he turns around.  And I ask, "Why Lord?"  But before I can get mad at God, CJ puts me in my place very quickly.  Between appointments we went to the Cracker Barrel to eat lunch.  CJ and I played checkers and then we had to go to the restroom.  As he was washing his hands this older lady comes in to wash her hands.  CJ politely looks over and say, "Merry Christmas".  The lady responded very surprised, "Well Merry Christmas to you too young man and Thank You."  The lady turns to me and says, "Good training.  Well done."  Of all the people who could easily avoid all contact with other people because of all the issues he has in his little life, my little man, brings joy to my life and the lives of perfect strangers.  At that moment, I asked for God's forgiveness and thanked him for my CJ and that he has dyslexia.
CJ will have another uphill battle ahead of him.  He will have to have Vision Therapy for approximately 1 year, which will consist of 30 minutes of daily therapy and monthly visits to the doctor for 2 hours of therapy.
He really did enjoy himself yesterday, even with the battery of tests he was put through.
I'll keep you all updated on his progress.
Thanks for all your support and prayers!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Milestone Met!

Another Revelation!